Man Killed in Early Morning Traffic Accident | News
EDWARDSVILLE, Kan. — An early morning traffic accident killed a man on I-435 Friday. The accident happened around 2 a.m. at I-435 and Woodend Road in Edwardsville, Kan.
Police said a man driving a pickup truck ran into the back of a construction truck parked along the side of the road. No one was in the construction vehicle at the time of the accident.
Emergency crews had to cut the man out of the pickup truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have not released his identity but say he is a white male in his mid-twenties.
Hazmat crews were also called to the scene to clean up fuel that leaked onto the road after the impact of the accident ruptured the construction vehicle’s fuel tank. Traffic was closed for a time, but all lanes have since been reopened.
Top South Johnson County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Commission to hear public opinion on proposed Mission Chateau project
- High-profile murder suspect kills self in jail
- Tallgrass Creek Resident Uses Global Trade to Create Income for People Living in Poverty
- Tallgrass Creek's Campus in Overland Park, KS, is Now a Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Gas line capped after car accident in OP